SERVES 4-6 PREP 15 MINS COOK 40 MINS
- 800 g Chicken thigh fillets
3 tablespoon of The Spice Trading Co, Rockin Moroccan Medley
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive oil
10 heirloom carrots
1 bulb of garlic
1 lemon, cut in half.
Salt, to season
Pepper, to Season
Cucumber Yogurt with Magical Mint & Coriander Seasoning
½ cup of Lebanese cucumber, diced
1 ½ cups of Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon of the Spice Trading Co, Magical mint and coriander seasoning
Juice of ½ lemon
1-2 Red Chili, finely chopped
Coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
2. To make the Moroccan Chicken BBQ, combine the chicken in a bowl with the Rockin Moroccan Medley gourmet spice, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Make spices coats the chicken evenly. Leave the chicken to marinade in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes or overnight.
3. To prepare the cucumber yogurt with Magical Mint & Coriander, add the diced cucumber in a bowl. Add Greek yogurt, Magical Mint & Coriander seasoning, lemon juice, chopped red chilli and mix well. Sprinkle more of the seasoning to finish and garnish with coriander leaves.
4. To make the carrots, half boil the carrots in a pot. Drain the water from the carrot and then coat the carrots with some olive oil and more of the Rockin Moroccan Medley seasoning and some salt. Set aside.
5. Once the chicken is marinated, char the chicken in the BBQ so you get the nice char marks and continue to sear the chicken and all sides. Continue to do this with the lemon and the garlic.
6. Transfer the chicken, lemon, garlic and carrots on to a baking tray lined with baking paper and finish cooking in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Serve the Moroccan chicken BBQ with the roasted carrots alone with the cucumber yogurt with magical mint and coriander.
• To ensure the chicken is cooked through, finish cooking the chicken in the oven.
• Char the lemon and garlic to add the BBQ flavor.
• Marinade the chicken overnight with the spices and the yogurt to intensify the flavour and to tenderise the chicken.
To grab your very own seasoning and check out The Spice Trading Company range of products by heading to www.thespicetradingcompany.com.au