SERVES 4 PREP 15 MINS COOK 15 MINS
- 275g peeled banana prawns
300g pork mince
3/4cup chopped chives
3 tbsp soya sauce
3 tbsp Shaoxing wine
1 tbsp white pepper
1 tbsp salt
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp corn starch
2 spring onion, sliced
Round dumpling wrappers (can be found at your local Asian Grocery)
Soya sauce, to serve
1. Peeled of garlic and ginger and set aside.
2. Sliced spring onions and chives thinly.
3. Using Tefal Cuisine Companion, attach the ultra blade into a clean bowl. Add into the bowl, peeled banana prawns, whole garlic and ginger.
4. On manual, set the speed to 12 by using the up and down button and select the timer to 30 seconds. Press start.
5. The cuisine companion will automatically stop at the selected time.
6. Here we wanted to make sure that all the ingredients is well chopped and combined . You can further mix for another 30 seconds if the ingredients are not well blended.
7. Using a spatula, remove the excess mixture off from the ultra blade. Now using the mixing blade attachment to combined the rest of the ingredients together.
8. Add the minced pork, sesame oil, soya sauce, corn starch, chopped chives & spring onions, shaoxing wine, sugar, pepper and salt into the bowl of prawn mixture.
9. Change the speed to 6 for 1 minute. Press start.
10. Clear a work space, and prepare a small bowl of water for wetting the dumpling skin before sealing. Have your dumpling skins and meat filling ready near you.
11. Make sure to leave the dumpling skins covered as you wrap, this will prevent the skins from drying out and be hard to fold.
12. Take a dumpling wrapper and place one teaspoon of filling in the middle of the wrapper. Stick the top and the bottom points of the dumpling skin. Make pleats towards the center point just like above video. Do one side at a time. You want to have 3 to 4 pleats on each side. Make sure that the pleats are pressed together tight all around so no leaks and the dumpling is completely enclosed. Pleat the other side back towards the center point you made in the first step.
13. Make sure the dumpling is completely enclosed. Do the same as step 12 for the rest of the fillings.
14. If you want to make a more fancier dumpling. Have a go and follow the steps to make flower shape rose dumplings. To fold this, start with round dumpling wrappers arranged slightly overlapping. The filling is spread near the center and flattened. The dumpling wrappers are folded to enclose the filling. The bottom of the parcel is brushed with water. Once this is done, rolled the wrappers horizontally, wetting the ends with water to enclosed it together. Check video to see how this is done.
15. To steam the dumplings, return back to your Tefal Cuisine Companion, and filled the bowl with 0.7 L of water. Use the steam attachment and place it on top of the bowl.
17. Use vegetable oil, and brush the inside of the steam attachment to avoid the dumplings from sticking in the bottom.
18. Using the steam program, and change the timer to 15 minutes or until the dumplings are done.
19. Serve with soya sauce and garnish with extra chopped chives.
20. Place the remaining uncooked dumplings in a container and place in the freezer up to 3 weeks.