SERVES 4 PREP 10 MINS COOK 20 MINS
500 grams Lamb Leg Steaks
20 grams kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
20 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
Coriander leaves, for garnish
Fried Shallots, Garnish
1 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
1⁄2 lemongrass stalk, finely sliced
1 bulb garlic, make to rough paste
3 eschalot, make to rough paste
Salt & white pepper to taste
1 cup of ABC sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
1 tablespoons of lemon juice
FRESH TOMATOES & SWEET SOY SAUCE
2 Tomatoes, cut into small chunks
3 Eschalot, sliced
10 Kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
2 table spoons of lemon juice
2 cups of ABC sweet soy sauce (kecap manis, can be found in your local supermarket or Asian grocery store)
2 red chilies (can be opt out for no chillies)
1/2 teaspoons white pepper
A pinch of salt
MIX RAW PICKLE SALAD
4 French shallots, finely sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into chunks (removed the center)
2 carrots, cut into small cubed
1 tablespoon of crushed red chilies
½ of iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cups caster sugar
¼ cup of warm water
1 cup of coriander leaves
1. Cut Lamb Leg steaks into 2cm by 2cm cubes.
2. To make the beef marinate, place coriander seeds, lemongrass, garlic and eschalot into a food processor and make a rough paste. Combined the spice paste with sweet soy sauce, lemon juice and seasons with salt and pepper. Add the cut lamb leg steaks and toss to thoroughly coat lamb. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 20 minutes to overnight.
3. To make the mix raw pickle salad, combined white vinegar, sugar, warm water and crushed chilies together. Add carrots, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, shallots and coriander leaves and mix well. Set aside until cooled.
4. To make fresh tomatoes and sweet soy sauce, combined all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
5. Take the marinated lamb out from the fridge and thread lamb onto skewers.
6. Grill skewers until browned on all side, 3 -4 minutes per side. Remove to platter, let rest for 5 minutes, serve immediately.
7. Enjoy skewers with fresh tomatoes and sweet soy as a dip with a side of mix raw pickle salad.