COOK 40 MINS
- 1 medium sized Whole Barramundi, filleted and cut into square pieces.
- 2 green apples, de-seeded and cut into thick match sticks.
- 1 large red chilli
- Coriander leaves
- 400g corn flour
- oil, for deep fry
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced.
- Lime, wedges to serve
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 bunch of coriander roots
- 60ml fish sauce
- 30ml lemon juice + 20ml
- 3tablespoons of sugar + 1tablespoon
- 30ml water
- 1-2 bird eye chilli + 1
- 110g tamarind puree
- 2 block of palm sugar
- Clean and fillet the barramundi and cut the fillet into rectangles pieces. Keep the fish skeleton for presentation.
- Coat the skeleton and the fillet pieces with corn flour and salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 190C and cook until golden brown. Cook the fish skeleton until golden brown and crispy.
- For the sauce, heat tamarind puree and palm sugar in a small sauce pan until all the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Blitz the coriander roots, chilli, fish sauce, lemon juice, sugar and water in a food processor. Add more lemon juice and/or sugar until the correct balance.
- Combine the two sauces in step 4 and 5 until the perfect balance of sweet, tangy and sour is achieved. (This is normally at about 0.5: 1 ratio of the sauces in step 4 and 5, respectively.)
- Prior to serving Mix the salad sauce with the green apples, coriander leaves, red chilli, and onion. Set aside
- Assemble the fish fillets on to the fish skeleton and pour the green salad and the remaining sauces over the fish. Garnish with more coriander leaves and lime.