PREP 20 MIN
CHILLING TIME 2Hr
- 2 pieces Vanilla Pod
- 300ml fresh cream
- 200ml milk
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 4 tablespoons of Srikaya jam (can be purchased at Asian Grocery Store)
- 70g caster sugar
- 30g brown sugar
- 30g roasted desiccated coconut to garnish
- Preheat oven to 130 C.
- Scrape the vanilla bean. Mix together cream, milk, and vanilla bean and Sri kaya jam paste in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Quickly whisk together the yolks and caster sugar in a bowl until combined.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture and whisk again until combined, making sure that the mixture does not curdle.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve then pour into four 180 ml ramekins.
- Bake with water bath for 55 – 60 minutes, cover with aluminium foil to prevent the surface from browning
- To see if it is ready, shake the ramekin and if the middle part is still, the brulee is ready
- Remove and rest for 20 minutes. Once cooled place in the refrigerator until cold.
- To serve the brulee, sprinkle sugar on top and caramelise it by using a blowtorch.
- Garnish with roasted desiccated coconut on top.