COOK 30 MINS
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 pinch saffron + ¼ saffron powder (imitation), dissolved in water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pomegranate
- ¼ cup slithered almonds, roasted1 potato, thick rounds, used as the base of the pan
- Rinse and drain the rice, and make sure to repeat this several times until the water runs clear. Transfer this to a large pot and cover with water and add salt and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl mix water to the saffron and saffron powder and set this mixture aside.
- Once the rice is half cooked, drain and rinse the rice under running water.
- In a separate large pot, place oil and layer the bottom with potatoes, transfer the rice and turn on the heat to medium and make sure there is steam in the pot. Cover the pot and make sure to place a kitchen towel under the lid before cooking; this will help seal the steam better. When the rice is cooking, add chunk of butter dispersedly around the rice and cook until nice and fluffy. Once the rice is cooked, toss in the saffron water and add until desired.
- To finish top it off with the pomegranate and the almonds.