PREP 15 MINS
COOK 30 MINS
ACHAR (PICKLED VEGETABLES)
- 250ml white vinegar
- 250gram caster sugar
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienne
- 2 long red chilies, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced white cabbage
- Fried Shallots
- Fried egg
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-bird eye chilies
- 2 red eye chilies
- 2 small shallots
- 1 small red onion
- 4 cups cold cooked rice, preferably a one day old rice
- 4 tbs Kecap Manis (sweet soya sauce)
- 12 ikan bilis (deep fried)
- 6 raw prawns, deveined
- 2 spring onion, sliced
- 1-teaspoon chicken salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. To make Achar, stir vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and pour to vegetables. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat oil in a wok and fry the ikan bilis until golden and crispy. Set aside.
3. To make the Nasi Goreng, process garlic, chilies, shallots and red onion to form a coarse paste.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked. Remove from wok and set aside.
5. Add oil to same wok and cook the paste for a couple of minutes, until fragrant.
6. Add prawns and spring onions and stir to combine until prawns started to cook through.
7. Add cooked steamed rice. Stir fry until well incorporated. Stir in Kecap Manis and ikan bilis. Season with salt, pepper and chicken salt.
8. To serve, place Nasi Goreng on a plate, top with a fried egg and fried shallots.
9. Garnish with coriander and Achar on the side.