PREP 15 MINS
COOK 20 MINS
- Wonton wrappers 30 pieces
- 200ml water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 150 gr prawns peeled, cut to small pieces
- 200 g minced pork
- 1 tablespoon of spring onion, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoon chestnut, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 table spoon of sliced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Salt & White pepper
SWEET CHILLI SAUCE
- 2 chilli, blitz
- 2 garlic cloves, blitz
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour mixture, corn flour and water
- For the wonton filling place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well until ingredients are well combined.
- To wrap the wontons, place 1 teaspoon of filling into the centre of the wrapper. Dip your fingers into water and trace along the outside of the wrapper and enclose the outer edges securely to form a triangle. Pull the two corners of the triangle down and pinch and joined them together with more water if necessary.
- To cook the wonton, heat oil at 170 degrees and fry until golden brown.
- To make the sweet chilli sauce, add chilli, garlic, vinegar and sugar into a small pot and bring to the boil, until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper and cornflower mixture to thicken.
- Serve the wonton with sweet chilli sauce.