PREP 15 MINS
COOK 40- 55 MINS
- 1 cup of jasmine rice, washed and drained
- 2cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 pieces of chicken necks
- 2 liters chicken stock
- 2- 3 drops of sesame oil
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
VARIETY OF TOPPINGS
- Salted egg
- Roasted Duck
- Spring onions, chopped finely
- Coriander, chopped
- Fried shallots
- Soya sauce
- Sliced red chilies
1. Heat up oil in a medium size pot and add ginger. Stir ginger until fragrant and add chicken neckpieces.
2. Once chicken necks is slightly browned on the outside, pour chicken stock and rice and bring to the boil.
3. Lower to a simmer and let rice cook, while stirring occasionally until the rice turns into porridge consistently. Add more water if needed.
4. Add 2-3 drops of sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
5. To serve, place porridge into a bowl and serve with sprinkle of spring onions, coriander, fried shallots, salted egg, roasted duck and a drizzle of light soya sauce. Serve warm.
6. Add sliced red chilies to make it spicy.